continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: what is needed for a 1.4.1 release (was: Move Continuum to Attic?)
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 13:03:23 GMT

On 17/04/2012, at 9:50 PM, Louis Smith wrote:

> I also agree on the 1.4.1GA.  I will make time to help on that - but I will
> need your guidance.

Great!

> From my memory, I recall that it will need (at least)
>
>   - the fixed version of redback for blank passwords to LDAP

Do you recall the issue # here?

Probably the first thing to try is to see if Redback 1.3 is suitable to drop in. Trunk is
currently looking at 1.3-M2-SNAPSHOT, so it needs to be updated. There may be some incompatible
changes (and certainly 1.4 is far more significant). If that becomes a problem, the other
option is to release off the 1.3-Mx branch with the required changes.

>   - database update scripts for 1.3.x to 1.4.x ( I may have those in my
>   archive from when I did my upgrades to 1.4.x)

I'm sure that this just works automatically - I did it on a few occasions.

> I would very much prefer getting my clients up to the 1.4.x branch than
> converting them off the apache stack to mercurial/hudson.
>
> So... how do I get started?

Once the redback snapshot is sorted out and any fixes you're willing to integrate are in,
it should be ready to go.

The other thing people can do to help is identifying JIRA issues that either can or should
be fixed (whether in this or a subsequent point release), and if possible helping with that.

> Got some docs for me to read on how to push a
> release?

That's something I can work with you on - http://continuum.apache.org/development/release.html

Most of that is straightforward - the main work there is in testing and doing things like
release notes.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter