continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Move Continuum to Attic?
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 06:58:15 GMT
Continuum is in an awkward spot, because it does enough for most people that use it, and not
many opportunities for new people to get involved regularly.

I think it's a good idea to complete a GA release of 1.4.1 - it has been stable for some time
and has probably been stuck on folks wanting to do more rather than needing to for a release.
I'm sure we still have three binding votes around should that effort be undertaken.

Louis, are you able to help with that?

Who else has some cycles?

I have occasionally spoken to people that are interested in doing more to move it forward,
but haven't yet had the time - now is a good time to step forward if that is you lurking out
there.

If a release happens, then beyond that we still need to revisit the question of the Attic.
It is able to sustain a user community when there is no new development expected and states
that it will be non-impactful to users. However, if there are people interested in seeing
further development, I'd prefer to see them given the chance to try that first. My impression
of the current developers is that there may just be enough available to provide oversight,
but not new development without some others getting involved.

Thanks,
Brett

--
Brett Porter