continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Smith <dr.louis.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "plexus-spring" related error when compiling continuum source from Trunk
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 12:03:41 GMT
I'm not a part of the team, just a heavy user... the problem is on YOUR
machine... please follow the instructions in the error message.

Open the file:

/home/murali/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/redback/plexus-
spring/1.3-M2-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata-codehaus.snapshots.xml

You will find that it contains an HTML error page instead of XML version
information for plexus-spring.

The error will tell you what to do.  Most likely, it will tell you that the
codehaus-snapshots repository is no longer at the URL you have in ONE OF
your pom.xml files that you use to build projects on your box.  You will
have to delete this "bad" xml file, find the project that has the old url,
correct it, and then start rebuilding your projects to get the new URL and
correct download location established again. Then, you can rebuild this
project.

This happens quite a lot with repositories being moved or upgraded.. as
folks move from "flat file" repositories to nexus managed ones, they put up
HTML redirector pages, which get downloaded as maven XML version
metadata... and they blow up our builds.

This is a major reason that we have moved our largest client (186 projects
in continuum) to a "master pom" model so we can control all the repository
entries... we used to have these crashes every week and it was a real PITA
to find the offending pom.

Good Luck!

Louis

--