continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Smith <dr.louis.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "plexus-spring" related error when compiling continuum source from Trunk
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 20:04:55 GMT
The error is specific:

repository: Unable to read local copy of metadata: Cannot read metadata
from
'/home/murali/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/redback/plexus-
spring/1.3-M2-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata-codehaus.snapshots.xml':
expected START_TAG or END_TAG not TEXT (position: TEXT seen
...<extension>jar</... @14:25)

It doesn't like the <extension> tag in the metadata file.  I believe that
<extension> is part of Maven 3, and the support is not available in M2.
 So, any artifact with <extension> may not be usable for a maven2 build.

What project are you trying to build?  I'll download it to both of my
servers and test against m2 and m3, and let you know.  It may take me until
tomorrow to resolve it.

Louis