continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <>
Subject Re: Securing working copies in build agent (CONTINUUM-2632)
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 16:54:15 GMT
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Louis Smith <> wrote:
> I have to ask - why would a remote build agent need to keep its copy after
> it is done?  Shouldn't a remote be setup to checkout, build, cleanup?
> I'd much prefer an option where I can set the build agents to leave nothing
> around that anyone could backdoor into.  Their remote lifecycle should be
> get it, do it, clean it.

That could definitely be an option (sounds familiar, it might be there
from before distributed builds, from someone just trying to save disk
space, or even for security, to not leave the source code lying

However the current implementation "prefers" to build on the same
agent it used before, in order to save the time and load of doing a
fresh checkout for every build.

View raw message