continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: proposal to add platform field in the model used for build agents for continuum master
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 02:50:46 GMT
On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 12:45 AM, Mark John Kennedy Magallanes
<mmagallanes@g2ix.net> wrote:

> I'm suggesting to add another field String platform so that
> the continuum master could keep track of the platform of the registered build agents
in the continuum
> master. This will in a way lessen the task when you want to know the available platforms
of the build
> agents registered in the continuum master since it will also be recorded in the continuum.xml
rather
> than reading each registered build agents to know it's platform.

I don't see anything about platform in the build agent configuration:
http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.4.0/installation/build-agent.html
(but maybe it's changed on trunk since the release.)

Is this a new concept?  (How does an agent know its platform, and what
do you mean by that?  Operating system?)

--
Wendy