continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Smith <dr.louis.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: folding Redback into Archiva or Continuum?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 13:19:32 GMT
Interesting timing on this.  We are in the process of rolling out the latest
releases of Archiva and Continuum as part of the Software Development
Infrastructure used at a government agency that is one of my key clients.
We use the redback security so the developers can log in with their normal
AD based credentials.

I also tasked 2 of my developers with looking at using Redback to use as the
core of security for their Java apps that run the agency.  Both felt that it
wasn't "ready for prime time" for other usage - but Archiva and Continuum
were ok as the SDI roles are managed within continuum at the project level
anyway.

If Redback were to "flesh out" the full RBAC robustly, then they would have
been interested.

We did have to apply the case sensitivity patch to Redback and rebuild
everything - but other than that, we love the suite.
(svn/maven/archiva/continuum/forrest).  Please make sure that makes it into
the next releases!

Thanks - have a great holiday season everyone!!

Louis

--
Dr. Louis Smith, ThD
Chief Technology Officer, Kyra InfoTech