continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Jansen Chua <chuabl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Implementation proposal for Continuum Issue #2592 Ability for build agents to use installations in their config file
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 01:10:15 GMT
Hi guys,

Any more suggestions or feedbacks regarding the proposed improvement implementation on CONTINUUM-2592??

Thanks,
Chuable

--- On Tue, 12/7/10, Marc Jansen Chua <chuable82@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Marc Jansen Chua <chuable82@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Implementation proposal for Continuum Issue #2592 Ability for build agents to
use installations in their config file
To: dev@continuum.apache.org
Date: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 12:57 PM

Hello Brett,

Assuming that individual configuration of installation for build agents is supported.

Build Agents are grouped into Build Agent Groups, and Build Agent Groups together with a set
of Installations are grouped into Build Environments, so if in the case of an environmental
variable "HOME" that both the build agent & the build environment have but with different
values(i.e. build agent's config of HOME=/home/dummy, build environment's config of HOME=/home/dummy2)
shows that installation duplicate is possible. My implementation would be that the build agent's
installation would override the collision of installation of the build environment. Therefore
when building, that single build agent would be using HOME=/home/dummy, for other build agents
that have no collision with the build environment's installation, they will be using HOME=/home/dummy2
when building.

P.S. More suggestions & feedbacks will be much appreciated...

Thanks
Chuable