continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Jansen Chua <chuabl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Implementation proposal for Continuum Issue #2592 Ability for build agents to use installations in their config file
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 05:31:28 GMT
Hello Deng,

I am planning to retain the build environment because some other users may be using its concept
of installation configuration. The addition would just be the ability to include installations
from an xml config file of a build agent that is being used in the build process. So the installation
set would be the combination of the installations in the build environment together with the
installations from each of the build agents utilized in the build process. The idea of my
implementation of the improvement would just be considered as an extending of the installation
configuration rather than a major overhaul of the build agent's installation configuration
process.

The reason for this improvement is that currently, I am trying to manipulate individual installations
from each build agent, as I have observerd in continuum, build agents only use the installations
from their build environments during build.

- Chuable

--- On Mon, 12/6/10, Deng Ching <oching@apache.org> wrote:

From: Deng Ching <oching@apache.org>
Subject: Re: Implementation proposal for Continuum Issue #2592 Ability for build agents to
use installations in their config file
To: dev@continuum.apache.org
Date: Monday, December 6, 2010, 11:03 AM

Hi Chuable,

How would this affect the current behavior of Continuum? Currently, a
build agent uses the installations set in the build environment where
the build agent group (that a build agent belongs to) is attached. How
would this change when CONTINUUM-2592 is implemented? Would build
environments still be necessary for distributed builds?

Thanks,
Deng