continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Mark John Kennedy Magallanes <mmagalla...@g2ix.net>
Subject Re: proposal to add platform field in the model used for build agents for continuum master
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 12:56:11 GMT
hi brett,

Thanks for the suggestion sir brett, With that you mean the build agent would have a web service
method
to know its OS name so that when a build agent is added it would try to connect to
it's web service to know it's operating system. In addition I think it we could already get
it's
enabled state too so the user will no longer have tell weather its enabled or not.

if you have more suggestions please don't hesitate.

Thanks

Mark Magallanes

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brett Porter" <brett@apache.org>
To: dev@continuum.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 8:07:49 PM
Subject: Re: proposal to add platform field in the model used for build agents for continuum
master

I think it's a good direction for the build agent to be specifying more of its own information
rather than the master trying to tell it who it is.

However, I'd go with deriving the data rather than asking the user to specify it - otherwise
you could get small inconsistencies creep in. In the utils libraries there is an Os class
that can send back the full OS name, or just the family. These might help the master make
decisions on how to group them without putting any burden on the agent to decide / configure
anything.

- Brett

On 07/12/2010, at 4:45 PM, Mark John Kennedy Magallanes wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I'm proposing to add a String field to the BuildAgentConfiguration model used in by the
continuum
> master to save build agents. Right now BuildAgentConfiguration has the following fields
String url,

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org