continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Added WebDAV interface for displaying the working copies from build agent
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 14:11:33 GMT

On 28/07/2010, at 10:01 PM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> I also wondered... why webdav, when everything else is xml-rpc?

I think I suggested WebDAV at some point...

IIRC, there was already XMLRPC support, but it wasn't as straightforward to use for transferring
files as plain old HTTP, and particularly was problematic for binary files.

HTTP would probably be a enough, but using WebDAV (read only) is a useful idea to get both
that and the ability to connect to it with any webdav client and review the checkout.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org