continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Deng Ching <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merge branch for flat multi-module support to trunk
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 01:40:49 GMT
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 9:09 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 2:52 AM, Deng Ching <oching@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > If you want to give try it out, I deployed a fresh snapshot of the
> binaries
> > built from the branch (-r945455) at:
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~oching/continuum-flat-multi-module/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eoching/continuum-flat-multi-module/>
> >
> > The changes in the docs that I made for the flat multi-module support are
> in
> > the following pages:
> >

> http://people.apache.org/~oching/continuum-flat-multi-module-docs/user_guides/managing_project/addProject.html<http://people.apache.org/%7Eoching/continuum-flat-multi-module-docs/user_guides/managing_project/addProject.html>
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~oching/continuum-flat-multi-module-docs/user_guides/release/index.html<http://people.apache.org/%7Eoching/continuum-flat-multi-module-docs/user_guides/release/index.html>
>
> I think the two checkboxes are confusing, especially since the docs
> say that if both are checked, one will be ignored.  "Two checkboxes"
> is not the right UI element for that behavior.

I agree, I'll fix this one in the branch first before merging to trunk.

> Am I reading Emmanuel's comments correctly that you will change the
> way Continuum works by default to always check a multi-module project
> out in a single directory?  How will that change the UI?

Yes, I assume that's what he meant :) I think the items he mentioned in the
email need a separate proposal. Changing the default checkout to a single
directory would also affect the overall behavior of deleting projects in a
project group..

> (If merging makes it easier to work on I have no objection, but I
> would like to see it simplified before it gets into a release...)

Agreed. By simplified, do you mean applying the changes that Emmanuel
suggested?

Thanks,
Deng