continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Deng Ching <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merge branch for flat multi-module support to trunk
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 03:10:46 GMT
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 9:40 PM, Deng Ching <oching@apache.org> wrote:
> > Agreed. By simplified, do you mean applying the changes that Emmanuel
> > suggested?
>
> Hmmm... simplified in the general case that if I were going to put it
> in a talk about Continuum, it's intuitive and easy to explain.  How's
> that for subjective? ;)

Hehe. Ok, I'll keep that in mind :)

> (If the default project add behavior is going to change, how will that
> work when you upgrade from a prior version and your working copies are
> in 'old' style numbered directories?)

Just on the top of my head.. since the entire source tree is checked out for
the root project, maybe we can point the working copies of each project to
it? The working copy of each project is determined on the fly (through the
WorkingDirectoryService) IIRC, so that should make it easier to move
over/map out the existing projects to the single checkout directory.

Thanks,
Deng