continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Merge branch for flat multi-module support to trunk
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 13:09:23 GMT
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 2:52 AM, Deng Ching <oching@apache.org> wrote:

> If you want to give try it out, I deployed a fresh snapshot of the binaries
> built from the branch (-r945455) at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~oching/continuum-flat-multi-module/
>
> The changes in the docs that I made for the flat multi-module support are in
> the following pages:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~oching/continuum-flat-multi-module-docs/user_guides/managing_project/addProject.html
> http://people.apache.org/~oching/continuum-flat-multi-module-docs/user_guides/release/index.html

I think the two checkboxes are confusing, especially since the docs
say that if both are checked, one will be ignored.  "Two checkboxes"
is not the right UI element for that behavior.

Am I reading Emmanuel's comments correctly that you will change the
way Continuum works by default to always check a multi-module project
out in a single directory?  How will that change the UI?

(If merging makes it easier to work on I have no objection, but I
would like to see it simplified before it gets into a release...)

--
Wendy