continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Started work on CONTINUUM-2349
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:25:36 GMT
On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Jevica Arianne B. Zurbano
<jevica.arianne@gmail.com> wrote:
>> For 2, how will this be communicated to the user when a build is
>> forced?  for a scheduled build?
>>

> Whenever the project is not built, a warning is logged (continuum.log) for
> both forced and scheduled builds.

I think it needs to be visible at least for forced builds.  In this
case it doesn't even get queued, right?  I think we have enough info
to display something to the user right after they click 'build'.

And for scheduled builds, what is the user experience?  When they go
looking for build results for the build they think should have kicked
off at 10am, what will they see?  How will they be able to figure out
what went wrong?

>> For 3, what is the definition of 'available'?  (I think it means a
>> build agent that is not in any group.)
>
> For clarification in #3, the project build will run on any enabled build
> agent. In this case, the project build definition either:
> * doesn't have a build agent group configured in the build environment, or
> * the project build definition may not have a build environment at all.

I was asking about the definition of an "available build agent".

Is any enabled, un-busy build agent considered "available"?  (I hope
not.  From experimenting with the feature, I think you're talking
about the agents that aren't in any agent groups.  Maybe these are...
"free agents"? :) )

--
Wendy