continuum-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Brett Porter <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Continuum 1.3.6
Date Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:57:31 GMT

On 13/03/2010, at 11:25 AM, Deng Ching wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:27 PM, Wendy Smoak <> wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Deng Ching <> wrote:
>>> The Continuum 1.3.6 release candidate has been staged.
>>> This release includes 16 fixes. You can take a look at the release notes
>>> here:
>> +1 to release it, it's working fine for me.  I downloaded all the
>> distribution binaries and checked signatures, then expanded the
>> tarball on OS X and gave the default config a run through and set up
>> distributed build with two agents, which also worked.
>> We need to decide on the quality.
>> While I very much want to get 1.3.x over with and I _am_ using it in
>> production, there are still some issues that I would not be thrilled
>> to see in a GA release (mainly in distributed build). :/  What do
>> others think?
> I agree, there are a number of bugs in distributed builds which I think
> needs to be fixed for a GA release like the problem where some builds are
> being built in the wrong agent..
> Should we label 1.3.6 as a Beta release?

Well I guess we already have :)

However, I'm confused because we've already had this discussion:

Wendy, Deng - please name the issues you are referring to. We can at least document some limitations
if we can't resolve them.

At this point, I think perhaps we should rename 1.4.0 as 1.3.7 (GA), and move to trunk (removing
the continuum-1.3.x branch). There are 23 fixes on trunk, some that have been there for a
year, that aren't getting released because we can't seem to decide to end the 1.3 cycle. Would
others be ok with that?


Brett Porter

View raw message