continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Continuum 1.3.6
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 03:51:06 GMT

On 15/03/2010, at 10:34 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Deng Ching <oching@apache.org> wrote:
>> Should we label 1.3.6 as a Beta release?
>
> Brett suggested having a separate quality vote?  I think in the past
> we've just voted once for release and quality.

I actually prefer it be part of the vote thread itself, or a discussion before the vote starts
- that was just a suggestion since it came up in the middle of the thread and I didn't want
to interrupt it.

> I'm fine with calling it GA and will vote +1 (with reservations).  The
> issues that are bothering me are really too big to change on the
> branch anyway, they're going to require model changes.

Yep, that's was my understanding as well that got captured in the roadmap page.

> One option, since it's already been announced as Beta, is to leave it
> in the wild for a week or so and if no major issues are reported
> against it we can vote it up to GA quality.

That's fine with me too...

> We really, really, need to get rid of the branch.

+1

- Brett

--
Brett Porter