continuum-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Deng Ching <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Continuum 1.3.6
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 01:55:41 GMT
On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 6:57 AM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

>
> On 13/03/2010, at 11:25 AM, Deng Ching wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:27 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Deng Ching <oching@apache.org> wrote:
> >>> The Continuum 1.3.6 release candidate has been staged.
> >>> This release includes 16 fixes. You can take a look at the release
> notes
> >>> here:
> >>
> >> +1 to release it, it's working fine for me.  I downloaded all the
> >> distribution binaries and checked signatures, then expanded the
> >> tarball on OS X and gave the default config a run through and set up
> >> distributed build with two agents, which also worked.
> >>
> >> We need to decide on the quality.
> >>
> >> While I very much want to get 1.3.x over with and I _am_ using it in
> >> production, there are still some issues that I would not be thrilled
> >> to see in a GA release (mainly in distributed build). :/  What do
> >> others think?
> >>
> >
> > I agree, there are a number of bugs in distributed builds which I think
> > needs to be fixed for a GA release like the problem where some builds are
> > being built in the wrong agent..
> >
> > Should we label 1.3.6 as a Beta release?
> >
>
>
> Well I guess we already have :)
>

I'm sorry, I didn't wait.. no one was around so I just went ahead with it :)


>
> However, I'm confused because we've already had this discussion:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/continuum-dev/201002.mbox/%3cF858D1B8-DDEC-44B5-81D4-32FC656205D6@apache.org%3e
>
> Wendy, Deng - please name the issues you are referring to. We can at least
> document some limitations if we can't resolve them.
>

Here's one for me.. http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-2476


> At this point, I think perhaps we should rename 1.4.0 as 1.3.7 (GA), and
> move to trunk (removing the continuum-1.3.x branch). There are 23 fixes on
> trunk, some that have been there for a year, that aren't getting released
> because we can't seem to decide to end the 1.3 cycle. Would others be ok
> with that?
>

Wendy also suggested as an option that we leave 1.3.6 as beta then vote it
up to GA quality if there are no major issues reported against it..

Thanks,
Deng

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message