continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Jevica Arianne B. Zurbano" <jevica.aria...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Started work on CONTINUUM-2349
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:07:36 GMT

Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 6:35 AM, Jevica Arianne B. Zurbano
> <jevica.arianne@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I am working on CONTINUUM-2349 (Project should only build in agents that are
>> in the Build agent group assigned to it).
>>
>> Here are my proposed changes:
>>
>> 1.  for build agent group with build agents, the build will only run on the
>> build agents in the group
>> 2.  for build agent group with no build agents, the project will not be
>> built
>> 3.  for projects with no build agent group assigned, the project is built in
>> any build agent available
>>

> For 2, how will this be communicated to the user when a build is
> forced?  for a scheduled build?

Whenever the project is not built, a warning is logged (continuum.log)
for both forced and scheduled builds.

> For 3, what is the definition of 'available'?  (I think it means a
> build agent that is not in any group.)

For clarification in #3, the project build will run on any enabled build
agent. In this case, the project build definition either:
* doesn't have a build agent group configured in the build environment, or
* the project build definition may not have a build environment at all.

--

Thanks,

Jev