continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: quality (was: [VOTE] Release Continuum 1.3.6)
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 00:40:32 GMT

On 12/03/2010, at 4:01 AM, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Deng Ching <oching@apache.org> wrote:
>>> The Continuum 1.3.6 release candidate has been staged.
>>> This release includes 16 fixes. You can take a look at the release notes
>>> here:
>>
>> +1 to release it, it's working fine for me.  I downloaded all the
>> distribution binaries and checked signatures, then expanded the
>> tarball on OS X and gave the default config a run through and set up
>> distributed build with two agents, which also worked.
>>
>> We need to decide on the quality.
>>
>> While I very much want to get 1.3.x over with and I _am_ using it in
>> production, there are still some issues that I would not be thrilled
>> to see in a GA release (mainly in distributed build). :/  What do
>> others think?
>>

> Which issues? They wasn't under 1.3.x on jira.

I think she's referring to a number that we've filtered into 1.4.1.

We already discussed this in the previous roadmap thread, and decided to focus the 1.4.x releases
on improving the quality of the distributed build and other annoyances (http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CONTINUUM/Continuum+Roadmap).

I suggest we have a separate quality vote after the conclusion of the release vote (before
updating the web site and doing the announcement).

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org