continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Thoughts on build environment selection when releasing in distributed build setup
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 04:12:24 GMT
I'm a bit confused by the sequence - does the release do a new checkout? If so, why does the
working copy matter?

Even if not, I think that you should be able to select the build environment (after all, you
can if you aren't using dist. builds). It should do a checkout there (if there isn't one),
and default to the default build agent if no other is selected rather than just disabling
it...

- Brett

On 01/02/2010, at 2:57 PM, Jevica Arianne B. Zurbano wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I suggest that for CONTINUUM-2386 (Build environment selection is ignored when releasing
with distributed build enabled)

> The build environment selection during release will be disabled/removed.
>
> As mentioned in CONTINUUM-2403 (Release should happen on a build agent rather than on
the master), that the release will happen in the buildagent where the project was last built
since the working copy is in there.

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org