continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Brent Atkinson" <batkin...@usm.maine.edu>
Subject Re: Roadmap question
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 16:33:05 GMT
Brett,

I certainly did not expect to clog up the upcoming GA release. I just wanted to ensure they
were represented. Mostly, the Redback issue worried me because I couldn't find an issue in
CONTINUUM to be scheduled. This is also true for Archiva, which suffers from the defect as
well.

Just for future reference, how should this be handled? From the user's point of view, the
issue is not with Redback. Fixing the issue as reported does not fix the Archiva and Continuum
behavior until both projects update their versions of Redback. Would it be acceptable to create
place holder issues that reference the issue in REDBACK? I want to ensure I am reporting effectively,
without mucking things up for the developers.

Thanks for the response,

Brent

>>> Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> 2/22/2010 7:02 AM >>>
Hi Brent,

Thanks for the patches. CONTINUUM-1814 has bitten me too so I'll see if I can review it. Not
sure yet if we should drop it into 1.3.x as we've been pushing to get that to a GA release
and it keeps growing issues :) We are looking at a short list for 1.4 as well and can certainly
include it there (I've put it there for now).

- Brett

On 18/02/2010, at 4:07 AM, Brent Atkinson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question about the current roadmap in JIRA. I'm interested in the potential
for inclusion of two issues in versions, if possible. My question is, have I done enough to
ensure these may be addressed relatively soon?

> The issues are CONTINUUM-1814 and REDBACK-253.
>
> CONTINUUM-1814 has made it impossible for us to use continuum for releasing some of our
projects. REDBACK-253 has forced us to re-assign the complete list of user role assignments
multiple times, quite embarrassing actually.

> If there is anything I can do to helping these along, I'm interested. We're up and running
with patches, but I'd feel better with fixes in their proper place.

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org