continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Roadmap question
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 23:11:03 GMT

On 23/02/2010, at 3:33 AM, Brent Atkinson wrote:

> Brett,
>
> I certainly did not expect to clog up the upcoming GA release. I just wanted to ensure
they were represented. Mostly, the Redback issue worried me because I couldn't find an issue
in CONTINUUM to be scheduled. This is also true for Archiva, which suffers from the defect
as well.

Yep, understood.

> Just for future reference, how should this be handled? From the user's point of view,
the issue is not with Redback. Fixing the issue as reported does not fix the Archiva and Continuum
behavior until both projects update their versions of Redback. Would it be acceptable to create
place holder issues that reference the issue in REDBACK? I want to ensure I am reporting effectively,
without mucking things up for the developers.

I'm ok either way here - if you'd like to file a ticket in both JIRAs for this specific issue
you can, since it does present as a bug in each, and we'd later resolve it when the library
is upgraded. What we usually do is file an "upgrade to Redback 1.3" ticket instead (and maybe
list the important issues we want it for). That seems to make less sense when 1.3 hasn't already
been released though :)

I definitely agree it is worth filing something in CONTINUUM to make sure we track its inclusion
though.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter