continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: roadmap for 1.4?
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 01:15:46 GMT
On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> For mine, I'd like the 1.4 series to just focus on frequent problems and usability issues,
such as those that Sebb has been so diligently raising recently.

> Concurrently, like Emmanuel, I'd like to start talking about some architectural changes
for releases beyond 1.5.

Not that I'll stand in the way of people who want to fix stuff, but
personally I'm unsure whether fixing the usability issues is worth it
without the architectural changes.

At least, it seems to me that the big problems I run into are caused
by things that are going to require a change in the data model -- the
way historical build results are not immutable, and the complicated
way that parallel builds require you to attach queues to a schedule.

The Continuum code is not easy to work with, and that's an indicator
of technical debt that needs to be paid back.  An example here is...
I'd really like to change the notification email template, but the
email notifier is baked into the core.  The other notifiers were
separated, so there must be some reason this one wasn't.

--
Wendy