continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Continuum 1.3.5 on Postgresql JDO boolean mapping
Date Sun, 17 Jan 2010 22:12:07 GMT

On 16/01/2010, at 5:26 PM, Brent Atkinson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone explain why some boolean fields on SystemConfiguration are encoded as booleans,
while distributedBuildEnabled is encoded as Y/N string?

> The modello configuration for SystemConfiguration shows multiple boolean fields:
> trunk/continuum-model/src/main/mdo/continuum.xml@899327 (lines 1280-1350)
>
> But for some reason distributedBuildEnabled is overridden to be of type CHAR:
> trunk/continuum-model/src/main/resources/package-default.orm@899322 (lines 6-12)
>
> It's causing the following error when attempting to upgrade a continuum database from
1.2.3 to 1.3.5. Is there a good reason why distributedBuildEnabled is explicity encoded as
a CHAR?

It was added to make the automatic upgrades work on MySQL - it was also attempting to insert
'false' into a CHAR field (which it uses for booleans). Why the Postgres one isn't using the
value from the package file I'm not sure.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org