continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r899473 - in /continuum/trunk: ./ continuum-docs/src/site/ continuum-docs/src/site/apt/installation/ continuum-docs/src/site/apt/user_guides/building_project/ continuum-docs/src/site/apt/user_guides/managing_project/
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 07:06:08 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:
> Thanks Dennis!
>
> On 15/01/2010, at 10:34 AM, dennisl@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Manually merged from 1.3.x branch.
>
> Just curious, but why is manual merging needed? Once I'd updated the other day, I had
all the mergeinfo up to date such that you could remerge the entire branch and get just the
changes.

That's a good question, that I asked myself before doing the manual
merge. I wasn't sure that I would be able to do an automatic merge,
because a couple of the files in the first commit are different (content
wise) in the branch compared to trunk. And the changes I made was very
close to the different parts of those files.

If you want me to I'll revert and try to do an automatic merge instead,
so that the mergeinfo is correct. I'll could at least exclude the 3
files that are different into a separate commit, and manually merge that
one if necessary.

--
Dennis Lundberg