continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Schedules and Build Queues
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:24:21 GMT

On 16/01/2010, at 9:15 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> To improve this, I think
> - there should be a single place to configure the feature

+1

> - the user shouldn't have to create the queues, setting the number should do it

+1, though naming them is useful (using default names QUEUE_1, etc. to make it quick if desired).
If they are at least in one place that should be ok.

> - queues shouldn't belong to schedules (if queues are attached to
> schedules, how do forced builds work?)

It's at least the other way around (schedules assigned to queues, but they certainly don't
"belong" to schedules). But overall, I thought everything was attached to build definitions,
which seems the best place here again.

> I'd like to get this into JIRA but I'm struggling with whether to
> paste what I wrote above with a summary of "Parallel Build
> configuration is not intuitive" or whether it needs to be broken up.

Either way works, since the above are fairly discrete two related tickets is probably appropriate.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org