continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: roadmap for 1.4?
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 00:30:59 GMT

On 20/01/2010, at 9:56 AM, Marica Tan wrote:

> For 1.4, I would like to focus more on fixing bugs related to distributed
> builds.
>
> For 1.5, I would like to see continuum-core refactored. It's all tangled up
> so it's hard to make any changes without breaking stuff.
> I once tried to move the mail notifier out of the core but ended up not
> being able to do so.

Ok, based on this and the comments from Deng and Wendy (and the earlier wish list from Emmanuel),
I'd say it's:
- get 1.3 to GA ASAP
- select a very small number of fixes for 1.4 (particularly for distributed build, but also
usability issues that are fixable without major work might be considered), so we can release
that in a reasonable timeframe with the added features it already has
- with 1.3 out and the 1.4 roadmap locked down, start planning for what is needed in 1.5 soon

Is that a fair assessment?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter