continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emmanuel.veni...@gmail.com>
Subject Continuum 2 and UI refactoring
Date Sat, 26 Sep 2009 09:46:47 GMT
Hi,

Since few days, I look at Vaadin (http://vaadin.com/home).
This framework (under ASL) seems to be a good candidate for an UI
refactoring of Continuum because we code all the UI with java and the
rendering in the browser is done with GWT without to write GWT code if
standard components is used. The server send only the part of the UI that
must be changed and for the compilation, we don't have to generate the
static file required in a standard GWT project.
So the development seems to be more easy and the UI result can be better
than the actual Continuum UI.

Do you know this framework?
What do you think if I try to work on a prototype?

Emmanuel