continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What should happen when a distributed agent dies?
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:05:30 GMT
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 5:01 AM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> Yep, I agree... so do you think these fall into that category for a 1.3.x?
>
> Only skimmed it, but I got the impression that CONTINUUM-2377 might have
> helped some of the issues you raised?

I don't think it addresses the case where a build agent dies
unexpectedly.  In that case it will still show as 'active' in the
configuration and Continuum will try to contact it, which will break
the Queues page when the agent is not reachable.

These issues (especially with the 2377 fix, thanks Marica!) are not a
blocker for GA for me, and IMO can wait until 1.4.x.

With that fix, in most cases you should be able to edit the agents
through the UI and get rid of the offending agent.  If for some reason
that fails,  you can stop the master, edit the continuum.xml file, and
re-start it.

--
Wendy