continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What should happen when a distributed agent dies?
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 21:19:33 GMT
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm all for having the system automatically disable any agent that is
> not behaving properly.  At first, the admin may have to manually
> re-enable it.  In the future we might come up with a way for it to
> auto-recover.

Unfortunately, disabling the agent doesn't seem to help.  The second
time I tried this, I _was_ able to edit the agent to disable it, but
the Queues page was still broken.  Same after I deleted the offending
agent, Continuum still tried to contact it.

In possibly related news, I notice that even though the agent no
longer shows on the 'Build Agents' page, it is still in the
continuum.xml config file, at least until you re-start.

Interestingly, if you add a new agent that does not respond, it will
get added as disabled, and this does _not_ break the Queues page.

Where is the "real" data about what agents there are and which ones
are enabled?

Anecdotally, it seems like it's working from continuum.xml and not
what I see in the web UI.

--
Wendy