continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <>
Subject Re: Continuum 2 and UI refactoring
Date Sat, 26 Sep 2009 13:40:24 GMT
On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 2:46 AM, Emmanuel Venisse
<> wrote:

> Since few days, I look at Vaadin (
> This framework (under ASL) seems to be a good candidate for an UI
> refactoring of Continuum because we code all the UI with java and the
> rendering in the browser is done with GWT without to write GWT code if
> standard components is used. The server send only the part of the UI that
> must be changed and for the compilation, we don't have to generate the
> static file required in a standard GWT project.
> So the development seems to be more easy and the UI result can be better
> than the actual Continuum UI.
> Do you know this framework?
> What do you think if I try to work on a prototype?

I don't know the framework, but +1 to trying it out!  I think any work
that tries to use a different front end will help us identify places
where the code is inappropriately coupled, and that refactoring can be
brought back to trunk.

View raw message