continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r805287 - in /continuum/branches/continuum-1.3.x
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 00:27:42 GMT

On 23/08/2009, at 7:46 PM, Marica Tan wrote:

>> Why do these classes need to be removed for the data management? If
>> so,
>> should they have been moved with svn mv instead of adding/removing?
>

> Yes, I had a problem with applying the patch that's why it was added/
> removed
> instead of mv.

In future, I'd do the mv then put the corrected copy over the top.

> The data management is using ProjectSorter. I need to set the
> dependency
> scope of continuum-commons to test only because it's loading classes
> which
> needs to connect to the database while loading beans from application
> context.

I wouldn't normally think this is a good idea (especially if others
depend on these libraries). You can set those beans to lazy-init if
you need to... but for now this is probably fine. The modules need a
definite clean up anyway.

>> continuum/branches/continuum-1.3.x/continuum-data-management/data-
>> management-cli/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/management/
>> util/
>>>
>>> continuum/branches/continuum-1.3.x/continuum-data-management/data-
>>> management-cli/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/management/
>>> util/PlexusApplicationContextDelegate.java
>>>
>>> continuum/branches/continuum-1.3.x/continuum-data-management/data-
>>> management-cli/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/management/
>>> util/PlexusFileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java
>>>

>> Are these new classes you created or are they extracted from another
>> source? They seem to be missing a license in this commit.
>>

> PlexusApplicationContextDelegate was taken from plexus-spring 1.2.
> PlexusFileSystemXmlApplicationContext is newly created.

We can't use plexus-spring 1.2?

- Brett