continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Julien HENRY <henr...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re : Struts2 themes in Continuum
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 18:58:44 GMT
Ok, so once Struts 2.1.6 patch will be applied I will try to work on cleaning all this stuff.

Regards,

Julien

________________________________
De : Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>
À : dev@continuum.apache.org
Envoyé le : Mercredi, 19 Août 2009, 16h47mn 15s
Objet : Re: Struts2 themes in Continuum

On 12/08/2009, at 4:49 AM, Julien HENRY wrote:

> Final question:  now that Struts2 2.1.x use a clean separation between the core xhtml
theme and the plugin ajax theme, I think it would be easier to stick as close as possible
to one of these choice. Currently I don't think Continuum UI is using a lot of Dojo features.
Also I'm not sure the dojo plugin will be maintained for a long time as it is still using
an old version of Dojo. So my preference would be to:
> 1) not use the struts2 dojo plugin
> 2) use the xhtml theme as much as possible
> 3) remove all dojo stuff that is not used in Continuum
>
> Thoughts?

+1. AFAIK, we aren't using any dojo features and they are just there because it was turned
on by default for the old WW ajax theme.

- Brett