continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Julien HENRY <henr...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Struts2 themes in Continuum
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 08:49:56 GMT
Hi all,

When working on Struts2 migration for Continuum, I faced a bug in the default theme so I had
to compare with current struts theme that is now completely different. I don't really know
where this theme initially come from. Was it based on the old xhtml theme or on the ajax theme?

I also discovered that most of the dojo stuff was duplicated in continuum webapp. What was
the reason for that instead of using the one embedded in Struts2 2.0.x core?

Final question:  now that Struts2 2.1.x use a clean separation between the core xhtml theme
and the plugin ajax theme, I think it would be easier to stick as close as possible to one
of these choice. Currently I don't think Continuum UI is using a lot of Dojo features. Also
I'm not sure the dojo plugin will be maintained for a long time as it is still using an old
version of Dojo. So my preference would be to:
 1) not use the struts2 dojo plugin
 2) use the xhtml theme as much as possible
 3) remove all dojo stuff that is not used in Continuum

Thoughts?

Julien