continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with vmbuild
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 17:30:04 GMT
On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Emmanuel
Venisse<emmanuel.venisse@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have an issue with the "Continuum 1.3.x Branch" group. In it with have
> lot of projectScmRoot instead of only one, and it seems the JVM hang each
> time Continuum try to build this group.
> I think it would be good to remove it then then readd it correctly.

Go ahead, but good luck deleting the projects!  I'm currently trying
to delete the maven-continuum-plugin module and it takes the app down
every time I try (jvm appears hung, wrapper restarts it).  I'm having
to delete hundreds of build results first.

I'm actually planning to spend some time today on a utility to delete
old build results through XML-RPC.  There's already some code attached
to one of the related issues.

> The other thing is that we don't run in parallel all scm update and svn is
> very slow on vmbuild so when a project is queued, it take a very long time
> to go to the build queue.

I think you mentioned that before, did it get into JIRA?   My
preference is that this not go on the branch, but I'll defer to those
who are actually doing the work. :)

--
Wendy