continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Jevica Arianne B. Zurbano" <jevica.aria...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r786863 [1/2] - in /continuum/branches/continuum-1.3.x: continuum-api/src/main/java/org/apache/continuum/builder/distributed/manager/ continuum-api/src/main/java/org/apache/continuum/buildmanager/ continuum-api/src/main/java/org/apache/cont...
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 06:03:10 GMT
Hi Brett,

Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi Jev,
>
> On 21/06/2009, at 3:07 AM, jzurbano@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: jzurbano
>> Date: Sat Jun 20 17:07:08 2009
>> New Revision: 786863

>> Log:
>> [CONTINUUM-565] - Forced builds should say who (which continuum user)
>> forced the build. added BuildTrigger class and used it in place of
>> int (trigger) when building. updated unit tests.
>

> Just catching up and got confused... this change was limited to trunk,
> right? It wasn't rolled back completely?
Yes. This is just limited to trunk and commits made to 1.3.x were
reverted in r786891.

> What is the impact of the API change here? Does it affect the XMLRPC
> interfaces that let distributed builds talk to each other (ie 1.3.x
> and 1.4.x)?
Running a 1.4.x server with 1.3.x buildagent is fine, empty String is
displayed for the "Triggered by" field in build result.

But, running a 1.3.x server with 1.4.x buildagent will cause errors.

> - Brett

Thanks for pointing those out. Which I will be adding in docs. :)

--

Thanks,

Jev