continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Developer docs
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 00:04:09 GMT
After talking to some people who would like to get involved with
Continuum but don't quite see how to start, and having gotten
frustrated several times myself trying to make what seemed like minor
changes... I'm working on the developer docs for Continuum.

We currently have some pages in the main site, here:
http://continuum.apache.org/development/

As well as the 'reference' docs area for each version, such as:
http://continuum.apache.org/ref/1.4.0-SNAPSHOT/

A couple of things I've done recently are to add the diagrams Brett
created last year for the 'now' vs. 'new' architecture [1] (I'll
follow up on that old thread soon) and expand the commit message
template to encourage providing more information about what was
changed and why [2].  The requirements for tests and docs on that page
were also enhanced.

Please jump in if you think of anything that would help more people
get involved here.  Or let me know if any of the changes need more
discussion.

[1] http://continuum.apache.org/ref/1.4.0-SNAPSHOT/architecture.html
[2] http://continuum.apache.org/development/guide-continuum-development.html

Thanks!