continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simplifying the Release feature
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 05:03:16 GMT
On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Olivier Dehon<odndev@gmail.com> wrote:
> One might even wonder why there would be a need for 2 full builds to
> happen for the release (one for the prepare and one for the perform). In
> combining steps, it might even be worth skipping the "prepare" build and
> execute the perform one from the tag directly.

Good idea!  I can see why this happens in the release plugin -- you
want to make sure you have a successful build before you tag.  In our
case, though, I'm pretty sure Continuum already refuses to do the
release unless the last build state is success.  [That doesn't
guarantee everything is fine, since the last build might have been
just the website or something less than the full build that will
happen during the release.]

--
Wendy