continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Schedules and Build Queues
Date Sat, 20 Jun 2009 13:58:59 GMT
On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 5:54 AM, Christian Schulte<cs@schulte.it> wrote:

> Maybe not assign the queues to schedules but to project groups ?
> Currently whenever I want different project groups to build in parallel,
> I have to create schedules for each project group. That leads to various
> 'hourly' schedules just because of assigning queues to them

Given
 - An hourly schedule with queue1 and queue2 associated with it
 - GroupA and GroupB with build definitions on this hourly schedule

When this schedule fires I would expect GroupA to go into queue1 and
GroupB to go into queue2 (or vice versa).

Why do you need a schedule for each project group?

What I'm suggesting is not assigning the queues to anything... they're
just there, and get used as needed.

--
Wendy