continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Simplifying the Release feature
Date Sat, 20 Jun 2009 03:19:50 GMT
It seems like we could simplify the release process to a single step.
Just because it takes two goals in the plugin doesn't mean *we* have
to have two steps. :)  I don't see any value in separating them...
I've never done prepare and (intentionally) not done perform.

Right now it's time consuming because you have to sit there and wait
for the first part to finish so you can do the second part.  (Or
remember to do it later.)

I've seen people automate the release by adding a build definition
that invokes both of the plugin goals, but then the output just shows
up as a regular build rather than on the new "Releases" tab.

If we combined the steps, then you could click, fill out one form, and
walk away from it knowing eventually your release will be done [1],
and the output would show up in the right place.

Thoughts?

[1] it will finish, right?  even if you close your browser?

--
Wendy