continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding project groups takes longer and longer
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 20:51:12 GMT
The actual system with the performance problem is using MySQL, however
these results and the graph were from a fresh 1.3.3 instance using the
embedded Derby database.

Another use case that is slow is simply logging in.  I've personally
timed it at 3 minutes from clicking the button to log in, before I see
the next page rendered.

Brett suggested turning on the JPOX sql query logging, and here's what
I see while logging in as admin:

Continuum 1.3.3 with 20 project groups - 3,192 SELECT queries
Continuum 1.3.3 with 400 project groups - 60,184 SELECT queries

It's not especially slow to log in as admin (5-6 seconds) with 400
project groups, but this is with an embedded Derby db, so the queries
aren't going out on the network.

In any case, why does it need to do *that* many queries simply to
process a login?

--
Wendy