continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <>
Subject Adding project groups takes longer and longer
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:39:32 GMT
I've noticed Continuum getting slower and slower... we're trying to
track down exactly why, but one theory relates to there being lots of
user roles that have to be checked, which would mean there are lots of
project groups.

To try to reproduce that, I added 400 groups to a fresh Continuum
1.3.3 instance.  I notice that it takes longer and longer to add each
group.  Here's a graph:

On trunk it's similar.  There in the audit log I can see there are 3
seconds between adding the second and third groups, and 19 seconds
between groups 399 and 400.  All in all it takes over an hour to add
400 groups to an instance.

The test code is in the sandbox:

Any ideas?  Are we missing an index on some field?

View raw message