continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject stability problems on vmbuild
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 05:32:39 GMT
One of the things to take into consideration for the 1.3.x GA release
is the stability problems we've had since upgrading on vmbuild.

I noted it had gone down today due to "too many open files" (which
showed up as a database error saying it couldn't be found - Derby
confused me at first :)

There have been similar reports recently against Archiva - but it
wasn't present in previous versions of Continuum. Is it possible that
it is something new in Redback (we're not using LDAP), a different JDO
configuration, or perhaps the shared Archiva purge scanners that might
be causing this?

Before restarting next time I'll run an lsof to see what is happening.

- Brett