continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What else for a Continuum 1.3 GA release?
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 01:17:48 GMT
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:38 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> Some active JIRA management is really needed - we have 11 for 1.3.2, 63 for
> 1.3.x (how many are really candidates for a GA release?) and 120 that
> haven't even been reviewed :(

I gave up and shifted everything from 1.3.x and 1.x into Future.
There's just too much that's been sitting there for months to go
through it issue by issue right now.  Feel free to pull things you
plan to work on into 1.4.x, but I'd like to avoid it becoming a long
wish list like 1.3.x did. :)

There are still ~100 issues that need to be reviewed.

I've also moved a couple that were scheduled for 1.3.3 out to 1.4.0.
Both of them were upgrading minor versions of significant
dependencies-- Maven 2.0 to 2.1, and Maven SCM 1.1 to 1.2.

At this point 1.3.x should only get minor changes and documentation,
so we can label it GA and wrap up that branch.  I'm hoping 1.3.3 will
be the one!

One remaining task is to figure out where we are on the 1.2.x -> 1.3.x
upgrade process.  My test is whether vmbuild can be upgraded smoothly.

(The first 1.4.x release can happen any time, it doesn't have to wait
for 1.3 to go GA.)

--
Wendy