continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JIRA versions
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 18:05:58 GMT

On 21/04/2009, at 5:34 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> I'll slowly start to plow through the unscheduled bucket :) I'm
> hoping we can kill 50 or more that are duplicates/fixed/etc. and get
> back to a small unscheduled bucket we can be responsive to.

So far, I've already killed about 80. I'm halfway through. The ones
I've closed, I haven't done a lot to link them to when they were fixed
(they may be dupes, or stuff might have been done without issues -
eitehr way I didn't want to modify historical release notes). Some
things that have just not had interest got closed as well.

Basic approach to scheduling:
- if it blocks a 1.3 GA, or is some reasonable flaw in new
functionality, or a regression, it's in 1.3.3 (that might be split
into another beta release though)
- if it's something that looks like the very near term or has patches,
into 1.4.0 or 1.4.x
- everything else into 1.x that is still relevant

Hope this is ok... sorry about all the mail :)

Cheers,
Brett