continuum-dev mailing list archives

From José Morales Martínez <>
Subject RE: Building a project with data changed
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 17:17:25 GMT
Brett, it is a good idea.
I propose a new select field in Build Definition. Something like 'Update policy' where you
can select your update policy.

Update policy would be defined in new Administration Menu and its design could be something
like to it:

Update Policy

Name: ....

Field Updated           Current POM     New POM

Project name
Description                                 X
Version                      X              X
SCM Url                      X              X
SCM Tag                      X              X

X       Don't Uptade fields for new POM

What do you think?

If you think it is a good idea I'm going to start in it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Porter []
Sent: mié 08/04/2009 16:14
Subject: Re: Building a project with data changed

I like (2) as a sensible middle ground. Let the user decide.

A more fancy one might be to allow updating only if the POM is newer
by comparing times, but that doesn't necessarily cover all fields, and
I'd still want it as an option to enable vs. always updating or never
updating a suggested here.

Would be a great change!

Gracias por su colaboracion.