continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reviving the automated Selenium tests
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 01:20:48 GMT

On 02/04/2009, at 12:10 PM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> Just an update on this, the continuum-webapp-test module now has two
> poms:
>
> "mvn clean install" runs the tests with JUnit and Selenium (with the
> default pom.xml)
>
> "mvn clean install -f testng-pom.xml" runs tests with TestNG and
> Selenium.

Is there overlap on these tests, or are they each testing different
things? If it's the latter, you could run the junit tests using testng
and have it all in one call.

> We also have some Selenium IDE tests in html format in src/test/
> selenium-ide.
>
> Emmanuel, you once mentioned converting the Selenium IDE tests to Java
> at build time and running them.  Is that something you've done before
> or can you point to info on how to do it?  I think that would be
> interesting to try.

 From what I've seen, doing this is likely to get you one big pass/
fail of whether the suite can run in the given order from scratch (ie
you'd need to set it up in a clean env.) and makes it harder to fix
one test that might start failing at some point. Also, the default
Java from Selenium IDE tends to need a little tweaking.

- Brett