continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r751678 - in /continuum/trunk: continuum-api/src/main/java/org/apache/continuum/release/distributed/manager/ continuum-buildagent/continuum-buildagent-api/src/main/java/org/apache/continuum/buildagent/ continuum-buildagent/continuum-b
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:27:14 GMT
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Marica Tan <ctan@exist.com> wrote:

>> Another idea is a 'Distributed' section that only appears if
>> Distributed Build is enabled -- I see the Build Agents button is
>> always visible (to admin) as well.
>>
> I think this one is much better than placing it near the Queues button.

I opened CONTINUUM-2127 to suppress all the configuration for
Distributed Build if it is not enabled, can probably handle it there.

> I'll add another role for this and assign it to all project developers
> instead, how about that?

>From what you said on CONTINUUM-2043, this would mean that all project
developers can see all releases in progress.  If so, that won't work.
If I am a developer of only Project A, I shouldn't be able to see
anything about Project B.

Unless it's trivial to mask the name of projects I shouldn't see, for
now I'd just make the page visible only to the System Administrator.

Thanks,
--
Wendy