continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r751678 - in /continuum/trunk: continuum-api/src/main/java/org/apache/continuum/release/distributed/manager/ continuum-buildagent/continuum-buildagent-api/src/main/java/org/apache/continuum/buildagent/ continuum-buildagent/continuum-b
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:05:08 GMT
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:56 AM, Marica Tan <ctan@exist.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Marica.  Can you explain about the new 'Releases' page?  Why a top
>> level menu item rather than listing releases in each project?
>
> Since you can now release concurrently in the distributed build, that's why
> I added the releases page, so you can see all the on going releases. Should
> I just remove it?

Not if you think it shows useful info, I just didn't know what it was.
 So... it's more like the Queues page, it's showing something in
progress?

The menu is really getting long and confusing.  If the button stays, I
think it belongs near the Queues button if they're similar.

Another idea is a 'Distributed' section that only appears if
Distributed Build is enabled -- I see the Build Agents button is
always visible (to admin) as well.

I'm not sure what's best here, but currently the Releases button shows
up even for the guest user, which it probably shouldn't.

Thanks,
--
Wendy